Milestones on the path of development
Vietnam Technological and
Commercial Joint- stock Bank - Techcombank was established on September 27th,
1993 with the initial registered capital of VND 20 billion with the aim to
become an efficient financial intermediary bridging the savers with the investors
in need of capital for business and economic development in the open-door era.
The head office was at 24 Ly
Thuong Kiet, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- The registered capital was increased to VND 51.495 billion.
Parallel with this event, the Ho Chi Minh city branch was established starting
the process of fast expansion of Techcombank in the main urban areas.
- Thang Long branch and Nguyen Chi Thanh sub-branch were
established in Hanoi, together with Thang Loi sub-branch in Ho Chi Minh city.
The Bank’s registered capital has increased to VND 70 billion.
- The head office was moved to Techcombank building at 15 Dao Duy
Tu str., Hanoi, Vietnam. With the establishment of Da Nang branch in the same
year the branch network has covered all three main regions: the North, Central
provinces, and the South.
- Techcombank increased the registered capital to VND 80.020
Billion. The Sub-branch No 3. at Kham Thien str. was founded.
- Thai Ha sub-branch in Hanoi was established.
- The registered capital was increased to VND 102.345 Billion.
Signed a contract with a leading software supplier Temenos Holding NV to
implement new banking software GLOBUS over the network of Techcombank to meet
the growing demand from customers.
- A number of branches were established: Chuong Duong and Hoan
Kiem in Hanoi, Hai Phong branch in Hai Phong City, Thanh Khe in Da Nang and Tan
Binh in Ho Chi Minh City. Techcombank becomes the joint stock bank with the
largest network in Hanoi. The network involves the Head Office, 8 branches and
4 sub-branches at the larges cities in Vietnam.
- The registered capital has increased to VND 104.435 billion.
- Preparations are underway for an increase to VND 202 Billion in registered
capital. Techcombank reassures its role as a leading joint stock commercial
bank in Vietnam.
- Leveraging on the Globus system and the Bank’s alliance with
Vietcombank, Techcombank commenced issuing F@stAccess card on 05 December 2003. The Bank
inaugurate the completion of deployment of the Globus system on the whole
network on 16 December 2003. The Bank started the process of developing a new
- Techcombank Cho lon was established. Registered capital has increased to VND
180 billion at 31 December 2004.
- Inaugurate the new identity of the Bank on 09 June 2004.
Registered capital has increased to VND 234 billion at 30 June 2004, VND 252.2
billion on 2 August 2004, VND 262 billion on 20 September 2004 and VND 412.7
billion on 30 November 2004. The number of branches increased from 15 branches
to 25 by December 2004.
- Six new branches were established in Lao Cai, Hung Yen, Vinh
Phuc and Bac Ninh, Nha Trang, Vung Tau in the first half of this year. In
addition, new transaction offices were opened including: Techcombank Phan Chu
Trinh (Da Nang), Techcombank Cau Kieu (Lao Cai), Techcombank Van Thanh,
Techcombank Phu Tho, Techcombank Nguyen Tat Thanh, Techcombank Quang Trung,
Techcombank Truong Chinh (Ho Chi Minh), Techcombank Cua Nam, Techcombank Hang
Dau, Techcombank Kim Lien (Ha Noi).
- 21/07/2005, 28/09/2005, 28/10/2005: Raised registered capital to 453 billions
dong, 498 billions dong and 555 billions dong, respectively
- 29/09/2005: Launched the new Switching and Card Management System of Compass
- 03/12/2005: Upgraded the corebanking system to the latest version of Temenos
- Receiving the award for international payment from the bank of
NewYorks, Citibank, Wachovia.
- In August 2006: Issuing Loc Xuan Saving Certificate. In May 2006: Receiving
golden cup for “ a better society and stable development” given by Viet Nam
General federation of labor.
- In June 2006: Call Centre & Hot line 04. 9427444 officially operated (
- In August 2006: Moody’s, the world top ranking reputed organization has
declared reputed ranking for Techcombank, the first joint stock bank of Viet
Nam ranked by Moody’s..
- In August 2006: the annual shareholders meeting approved the plan for
2006-2010; Techcombank and Bao Viet Insurance corporately proving Banc
- In September 2006: Completing the account system with new products:
multifunctional savings, period interests paying savings.
- On 24th November 2006: Raising the chattered capital to 1.500 billion dong. On
15th - December 2006: launching the international Techcombank Visa card
- Techcombank total asset up to 2.5 billion USD.
- Becoming the joint stock bank with the second largest transaction network
including 130 branches, TSO at the end of 2007.
- HSBC increases the sharing capital to 15 %, directly and sufficiently support
- Profoundly transforming in structures with the establishment of corporate
service department, department of credit and risk management, completing
structure of banking service and individual finance.
- Upgrading the core banking system to T24R06.
- Is the blossoming year of card services with the total issued card number up to
more than 200.000 cards for all kinds.
- The first and only bank approved the achievement in technological application
and leading in market developing measures.
- Implementing the “secret customers” program, in order to access the service
quality and attitude to customers of front-line staffs at Techcombank TSO.
- Launching many new products, including: Savings lucky draw “ A chance to
receive Mercedes with saving in Techcombank”, “ regular saving”, “loans for
assumption”, products for enterprises such as supporting suppliers, F@st
I-bank- products based on high technological products, products on account
management of securities investors F@st S-bank and electronic paying gate
providing online payment for e-commerce website F@stVietpay.
- Receiving award “Top Trade services 2007”- award given by Ministry of industry
and Commerce for typical enterprises, operating in trade services that Viet Nam
committed to implement as joining WTO
- Receiving award of “ the most satisfied service in 2008” voted
by readers of Sai Gon Tiep Thi magazines in February 2008.
- In March 2008: Launching Techcombank Visa Credit card.
- In May 2008: Launching Cash Deposit machine( ADM)
- Implementing many projects on technological modernization: upgrading the core
banking system to sample T24. R7, member of two cooperated card organization
Smart link and Bank net, connecting ATM system with strategic partner HSBC,
opening free Call Centre ( 24/7) 1800 588 822
- The unique sponsor for “Sao Mai Diem Hen 2008” in June 2008.
- Opening Techcombank AMC ( asset management company) in 8th August 2008.
- Receiving Golden Star Award 2008 given by young enterprises association in
- Increasing the property rate of HSBC to 20 % and raising chattered capital to
3.165 billion dong in September 2008.
- In September 2008: Launching Techcombank Co-brand Visa card with Vietnam
- On 19th October 2008: Receiving award “ reputed securities trademarks and the
top Joint stock company of Vietnam” given by securities committee.
- July/2009: The registered capital was increased to VND 4.337 billions
+ The registered capital was increased to VND 5.400 billions
+ Fund sponsoring contract for purchasing 16 A321 aircrafts with Vietnam Airlines was signed
+ Online saving products were introduced.
+ Reception of the “top 500 largest enterprises in Vietnam 2009” title, awarded by Vietnam report.
+ Reception of the “Global payment Excellence” Award, given by Citi Bank, Wachovia Bank and The Bank of New York
+ Initiated the transformation strategy with the support from the world’s leading strategic consulting firm McKinsey & Co.
- Deployed a number of transformation initiatives in general, announced the bank’s Mission, Vision and Core Values. Simultaneously, the bank implemented its business and management model restructuring and transforming corporate culture.
- April/2010: Achieved the “International star for Leadership in Quality” award, given by Business Initiative Directions
- May/2010: Received “The Vietnam values 2010” title
- May/2010: Received “The most active GTFP Issuing Bank in East Asia 2009&2010” Award, given by the IFC – International finance corporation.
- June/2010: Received the “Global payment Excellence” Award, given by Citi Bank
- June/2010: Increased The registered capital to VND 6932 Billions
- July/2010: Received the “Best Bank in Vietnam 2010” award, given by Euro Money magazine
- August/2010: Received the “Vietnam Gold Star” award, given by the Young Entrepreneur Association
- March/2011: Received the “Straight-through-processing” award from the Bank of New York
- April/2011: Ranked in the “500 largest Vietnamese Enterprises in 2011” by the VNR 500 & received the “Credit product award of the year” from the Vietnamese Financial Times
- May/2011: Received the “Inspirational Company” award from the Confederation of businesses
- From June/2011 to August/2011: Received 8 prestigious awards from a number of trusted international organizations, including:
+ “The Best Bank in Vietnam”; “The Best Cash Management Bank in Vietnam” and “The Best Trade Bank in Vietnam” awarded by Finance Asia magazine.
+ “The Best Bank in Vietnam”; “The Best Cash Management Bank in Vietnam” and “The Best Trade Bank in Vietnam” awarded by Alpha South East Asia magazine.
+ “The Best FX provider in Vietnam” awarded by Asia money magazine
- December/2011: received the “Best domestic bank in Vietnam” from The Asset magazine
- Total registered capital reached 179.934 billions VND.
- Moved Headquarters to Vincom Building at the heart of Hanoi Capital. The investment represents strong commitments to reach new heights.
- Number of customers reach a record of 2.8 million
- Honored with more than 20 awards internationally, notably the Best Bank Award Vietnam awarded by The Asset, The Asian Banker
- Launched new head office at grade A building located at the center of HCM City , no.1 Le Thanh Ton, reflecting the commitment to provide the best products and services for customers in the South
- Received 7 international awards, highlighted by best cash management and trade finance bank in Vietnam awards, Vietnam Best Bank and Asia's Best Employer 2013, and Vietnam Golden Star